My favorite must have travel accessories to make traveling stress-free – say goodbye to having to remember every single item.
From packing to trying to remember if you packed that one thing you needed, to dreading having to unpack half your life when you return – which is why these are my favorite travel gadgets. While traveling is often associated with relaxation and taking a break, it can and still is stressful in a variety of ways. Whether you have ADHD, another neurodivergence, or simply enjoy traveling and want to feel less stress, this guide is for you. It was developed by someone who would forget a life-or-death drug (true story) — gadgets that will save you stress and time.
While traveling on its own is soothing and provides many professionals, particularly entrepreneurs, with a way to break up the monotony of their day, it also carries its own form of stress, particularly at the start and end of it — this is why gadgets are super help, so you don’t fall down this rabbit hole of stress.
Pre-Traveling – the all too familiar adrenaline rush
You’ve already planned your trip. You’re getting pumped up. You begin to consider all you might want to do when you arrive at your destination. You research all of the must-sees and must-haves.
But what do you do if you wait until the last minute with that one thing? – True tale once more.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably felt the adrenaline rush coursing through your veins as you race back and forth trying to pack everything and make sure you have everything — a few hours before flying to the airport. Does this sound familiar? I’ve got you covered.
I’ve had my fair share of packing adrenaline rushes, where I nearly feel like I’m becoming intoxicated on the hunt for toiletries, underpants, and other necessities.
As a result, I created this guide to make traveling less stressful for not only myself, but also for you — these travel gadgets have been a life saver.
My Most Loved Ones!
Post-travels — the never-ending dread of not being able to unpack completely for another week after returning home.
You’ve already had a good time, a rest, and a variety of adventures on another vacation. You’re on your way home, longing for your comfortable bed, your favorite PJs, and your pets — only to be greeted by this little voice telling you that you must unpack everything.
Packing for a trip is difficult, but the nagging feeling of having to unpack everything and neatly arrange it makes you almost wish you hadn’t traveled (too dramatic?).
This approach can also help you avoid a lot of the suffering – Happy birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy New Year — indeed, your wishes are being granted.
THE Toiletry Travel Bag Organizer
What if you had an organizer that was already packed with everything you needed for your journey and you never unpacked it unless you were on a trip or needed to restock something before your departure? This is the precise method employed by this travel gadget. It’s a compact bag that opens into numerous sections for you to fill with your essentials.
Here’s what I generally include in mine:
- Hair ties and bobby pins — how often have you left them at home and realized you needed them later?
- Q-tips – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve needed some after applying make-up and had to clean up a little area but didn’t have any on hand. How often did you?
- Makeup and makeup remover — I keep my most essential make-up in a separate compartment (think foundation, blush, mascara, small eyeshadow palette, brushes).
- Cleaning materials – a bar of soap for the brushes, my make-up remover tiny towels (get my favorite collection here), perfume bottles, make-up remover/Egyptian cream
- A little travel razor
- Nail polish (same color as my toes, in case something chips)
- Nail care kit
- Mini-sowing kit
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- My prescription, as well as additional medications such as Tylenol and Benadryl
Mini Travel Razor
Is there anything further to say? How often have you gone on a trip only to realize that you should’ve shaved your armpits but forgot? Or you went to shave your legs and noticed a small patch that wasn’t shaved — really inconvenient. I always have one in my trip organizer and one in my car (long story…).
Travel Perfume Bottles
I’ve gone on several trips where I didn’t bring my perfume because I was afraid of having to throw it away at the airport, damaging it, spilling it, or just losing it. You may, however, label these refillable little perfume bottles and always have your favorite perfume on hand – one of my favorite travel gadgets.
- Refill them as needed – fill and forget (my fave)
- Always bring your favorite perfume with you
- Never worry about the airport again – just throw it in your carry-on and you’re set to go! Mine is in my trip organizer 😉
- Really cheap, yet high quality — you’ll never have to worry about breaking your perfume bottle again.
The Ultimate Hair & Body Care Set
One of the most difficult aspects of traveling for me is remembering to bring necessities such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, and cremes. As if that weren’t bad enough, how often do you actually buy your favorite goods in travel sizes? Almost certainly never. So you’re stuck with either having to check it and bring the entire thing with you (adding extra weight) or having to part with it until you return.
Fill & forget. Only check it prior to trips to ensure that there are enough of your favorite goods left, and you’re good to go.
Here’s why I like it:
- You fill it once and then go on trips as often as you need until you run out
- You can take it in your carry on – no more measuring those 3 ounces
- Bring your favorite shampoo/conditioner/soap/etc. with you and never rely on the hotel’s low-cost options again
- Leak-proof bag! There’s no need to be concerned about anything leaking… Even if it does, your backpack is safe!
- There’s no need to fight trying to fit the liquid gold into those little bottles with all of the instruments.
- It comes with all necessities to fill your bottles
- It looks super cute (just a bonus)
It’s exactly as fancy as it sounds. I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I forgot or misplaced a charger for my phone, air pods, headphones, or gaming console. This handy organizer brings it all together. Things allows you to sort it by plug or cable in its own compartment – no more forgetting anything with this travel gadget.
Tip: Purchase specific charges for this organizer – mark it and never remove it unless on a trip.
Here’s why I like it:
- There will be no more forgetting or misplacing chargers.
- It’s small enough to fit in your backpack but large enough to accommodate numerous chargers and cords
- It features larger compartments to hold larger electronic goods like a portable charger
- It’s light and barely weighs anything.
- Fill it once with your most critical chargers and never take it out until you’re going on a trip.
As an enthusiastic photographer, whether it’s of me for self-portraits or the trip itself, it really drains your battery. I recall taking a lot of pictures in St. Jose, Puerto Rico, but having to return to the hotel to charge my phone because my battery was going low and it was getting dark. Talk about having to worry about getting lost in an unfamiliar place without a phone or directions – but no more with this little travel gadget.
I keep mine in my electronic organizer at all times because I’m prone to losing them before and after trips; therefore, as soon as I’m about to leave a location and make my way home, I add it to the electronic organizer and forget that it’s there – no more worrying about having to remember where you last saw it for your next trip.
Bonus: It also features a charging paw that glows blue when you charge your phone.
The Best For Last
How often have you planned a trip and struggled to fit everything into your backpack? Stuffing it to the brim, pressing it as it explodes from all sides, and wondering if it will still fit under Spirit’s seat.
Here’s your solution: A magnificent piece of material in the form of a backpack – this travel gadget (yes I’m calling it that, because it really is one) even fits under the seats of airlines such as Ryanair, Spirit, & Co!
Here’s why I like it:
- It’s perhaps the best backpack I’ve ever seen or used, with various compartments and the ability to fit beneath any sort of airline seat, no matter how filled it is.
- How often have you stuffed your backpack only to have to rummage through it again because you wanted that one thing at the bottom? No way, not with this bad boy. It opens like a suitcase and lets you see everything — it’s the best of both worlds.
- It contains a laptop-specific compartment that is padded on both sides.
- Smaller compartments for more vital items that must be ready to travel.
- Handles. Yes, I’m not making this up. It includes grips on both sides, making it easier to carry, reposition, and readjust as needed.
- Expansion – if you need more space, unzip the sides and make a few more inches of space for your belongings; yes, it will still fit under the seat!
- Padded on the back for comfort – The best of both worlds and as little as a carry-on
- Enough room for your organizers, clothes, necessities, and laptop.
- Lifetime warranty!
I recognize there are probably a lot more things that I haven’t even thought of yet, but I’m determined to find them and try them out for you, not just to make my life easier, but also yours.
Please let me know if you have any of these! Please tell if you have any more must-haves that I haven’t mentioned!
Curious on how to make the work travel work for you as an entrepreneur? Check out my newest series on Travel The World While Making Bank